jazzmaster, ASE Certified Technician

1999 Blazer: center..adjusting..dash lights

overhead console with driver info center in 1999 Blazer doesn't light up at all. used to but just stopped. once while adjusting dash lights brightness it came on for a while. seems like a connection to the dimmer switch. Any ideas?
hi ,the dimmer actually is a rheostat type ,it could be that it is dirty or is failing from being worn out and not making good contact anymore ,I would go to radioshack and get a can of electrical contact cleaner and spray the dimmer ,be carefull it does not like certain plactics ,so take out the switch and spray into it from the back side (disconnected of course) and move the dimmer ,if that doesnt work replace it ...guy
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
dimmer switch works for dash lights so I'm thinking switch is ok?
the overhead console should have dimmer swich input on a purple /white wire ,this comes from the bcm ,check for dimmer voltage on this wire ,I will include this schematic ,
Interior Lights Schematics: Driver Information Display Module (Utility W/O Sunroof)
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
will check for voltage tonight after work.
ok ,sounds good
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Guy, 10.54 volts on purple/wht also somewhere between 4 and 11.5 on others. Looks like maybe the display is actually bad?

hi, just got home from work. yes if you are getting signal on the purple and white wire it will be a problem in the display circuit board and the only way to fix it is to replace it,...guy
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you. any idea on the part number?
no ,I dont ,but there might be a part # XXXXX the circuit board, if not a dealer will give you the part nunber..guy
thank you very much...guy