Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

2008 Chevy Uplander: problems with the passenger sliding door

I have a 2008 Chevy Uplander. Yesterday we began expeiencing problems with the passenger sliding door. It would get to just about the closed state and open back up. The the alarm beeping began. The beeping continued even while the van was parked and off. Came out over 2 hours later, still beeping. Sometimes the door would close and latch, but you could here the motor trying to open the door back up. And then the beeping, even while driving it would beep. Finally, I unplugged the two wiring harnesses from the motor for the sliding door and the beeping stopped, but so did the door motor. It does not come on at all now. Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you,
Dorian LaChance
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 7 years ago.

Start by reconnecting the wiring to the Power sliding door. Remove the PSD-15 amp fuse for 30 seconds. Reinstall the fuse, then follow the steps below to reinitialize the door module.

• Manually close and latch the power sliding doors.
  • Perform two complete Open/Closed cycles for each sliding door using any one of the power sliding door switches.

Also try cleaning the contacts at the leading edge of the power sliding door and the door jamb. You can use a Scotch-brite pad or steel wool.

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH

Let me know if this works for you or if you need further assistance.