GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

2001 chevrolet silverado 1500: brake light come on intermittant

2001 chevrolet silverado 1500 abs and brake light come on intermittant , has no effect on brakes, one mechanic said code CO265 and means will need new high doaalar abs module ???
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for asking your question. I look forward to helping you fix your vehicle.

I will try my best to help you and in order to do that, I need you to describe the issue in as much detail because I only know as much about your vehicle as you have told me in your post, so my answer will be based on what you have posted. Please include all the small details that may seem insignificant such as warning light, codes that you have scanned and how this started.

My goal is your satisfaction and I ask that you not accept unless you are satisfied, but if you are satisfied, please accept so I can receive credit for my work and time. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and bonuses are always welcomed.

Please feel free to reply as needed.

THe code is indeed internal to the ABS module, specifically there is a relay that is hard mounted in there that fails. Often the pump will continue to run, but in some cases it may not make proper contact. Also there is a ground under the drivers door on the frame that often come loose. If those grounds are good, and you have taken the bolt off and cleaned them to bare metal and the issue remains, then you will need to fix or replace the module.

I say fix because there is a place that repairs these. can fix these at a fraction of the cost.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I must be "out of pocket" for a few hours before I can get back to this issue not want to leave computer open on internet may i get you back if I close this out for a few hours ???
Just reply to this post and I will respond at that time.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Sorry about not doing the reply yesterday my computer has done a semi crash and Ihad to go to Google and input Justanswer. com to get to this page .only way it worked ..I owe you $13.00 for megpebs ............I Accept

Thank you

Sorry for the delay on my part ....I hope this gets to you