GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2004 chevy cavalier that will not start.I have replaced

I have a 2004 chevy cavalier that will not start.I have replaced the fuel pump,ignition module,and coil pack.I have power thru the ignition module but no spark from the spark plugs.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for asking your question. I look forward to helping you fix your vehicle.

I will try my best to help you and in order to do that, I need you to describe the issue in as much detail because I only know as much about your vehicle as you have told me in your post, so my answer will be based on what you have posted. Please include all the small details that may seem insignificant such as warning light, codes that you have scanned and how this started.

My goal is your satisfaction and I ask that you not accept unless you are satisfied, but if you are satisfied, please accept so I can receive credit for my work and time. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and bonuses are always welcomed.

Please feel free to reply as needed.

How are you checking for spark?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
from the spark plug boot to a ground
Ok, if you don't have the cover grounded and all the plugs in and grounded then you will not get any spark.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The cover is bolted down and there is still no fire
Ok, Have you checked the crank sensor? IS there any codes in the system?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no

Ok, if the crank sensor is not reading properly or there is damage to the wiring then it will not spark.

HERE are the diagnosis for no spark.

GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience: GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how do i find it
There is a link you can follow. The HERE is the link in the last post.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I cant go to the link on my computer

Do you ahve Adobe reader?