Ivan, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech. 20+ years experience. 9 years self employed. Expert on AUTOLAB Radio Show

Why is my ABS Light on my 2003 Trailblazer

Customer Question

Why is my ABS Light on my 2003 Trailblazer?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ivan replied 7 years ago.

HelloCustomer Your ABS light is on because the Electronic Brake Control Module has found a parameter that is outside of the normal range. It could be because of a faulty wheel sensor, or ABS motor function. If the light is on, it's because a code is stored in memory. To determine what circuit was affected the codes need to be read with a scan tool. The ABS codes are in the EBCM which is different from the Engine codes, so the free service provided by most parts stores for reading the codes stored may not be sufficient to find out what is stored in memory. Start there though. See if you can have the codes read free of charge and let me know what is found. I'll be happy to guide you to where to test and explain what it means from there. If they can't read ABS codes, you'll be stuck seeking help from a repair facility to do so. Keep me posted and I'll be here when you need me.

Your JA Expert,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks. Several months ago, I replaced the 2 front wheel hubs that have the ABS system, as part. The ABS Light would come on intermittently, but now stays on all of the time. I will try to have the Codes read, and get back to you.

David A. Bidelspach

Expert:  Ivan replied 7 years ago.

You're welcome David, just let me know when you find out.