Lee, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  31 years experience ASE Master Technician

2000 Chevy: I change or test the door lock actuator..Silverado

How do I change or test the door lock actuator on a 2000 Chevy 2500 Silverado?
Hi! There

You should have the new style. The door lock actuator is part of the latch. How it works: the power and ground is supplied to a little sol. to lock and is reversed to unlock. To test and or replace you must roll window up and remove the door panel. ( need help on that let me know). Unplug the actuator put a test light across the TAN and the GRAY wires. plug the switch up and lock and unlock the light shout light up both ways if it does the actuator is bad. Replace.

My feedback is very important to me, if you are not 100% satisfied, let me know and I will let another expert help. If the information I provide is helpful. Please push the ACCEPT button. Bonuses are greatly appreciated, and please leave POSITIVE FEEDBACK. (just a simple thanks is good). Have A GREAT Day!!!!!!!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do you mean if the light lights up both ways it is good? Or replace if it lights up both ways? am a little confused, sorry.
That's ok If the test light lights up both ways then the actuator should work. If it does not it is bad. In other word if the test light lights up replaced the actuator.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How do you leave feedback?
That is a good question. You should have a list at the top of the page that runs across the top that say's feedback my question and so on. click the one that say's feedback. That is how it works on my end.