BigBlock434
BigBlock434, Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified and 100% General Motors trained in all fields
10665789

I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 (New Body Style) and today

I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 (New Body Style) and today i had the information center pop up Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control Then it went into Power reduction mode. I took it to the chevy dealer and it cost me 100 bucks for them to tell me they can't find anything wrong. I drove it another 140 miles today and it has done it to me two more times. every time it acts up i shut the truck off and it seems to run fine for awhile after starting. Any ideas?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BigBlock434 replied 7 years ago.
Do you know what code/s were set in the system?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
p2138
How many miles are on your rig?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
42000 and some change
You should not have paid a dime. Your vehicle has a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. There are two outstanding bulletin's on your code you gave me. That numbers are PIP3783B and 07-06-04-019A. You go back and talk to the service manager and give him this information. He will take care of it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can you tell me what these bullitens are about? If i am going to talk to him i need to be edjucated and sound like i know whats going on.
#07-06-04-019A: Intermittent MIL/SES, DTC P2138 with Reduced Engine Power (Repair Instrument Panel (IP) to Body Harness Connector) - (Nov 6, 2008)

Subject:Intermittent MIL/SES, DTC P2138 with Reduced Engine Power (Repair Instrument Panel (IP) to Body Harness Connector)

Models:2005-2008 GM Passenger Cars and Light Duty Trucks (Including Saturn)
2005-2008 HUMMER H2
2006-2008 HUMMER H3
2005-2008 Saab 9-7X

This Bulletin is being revised to add additional diagnostic service information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 07-06-04-019 (Section 06 - Engine/Propulsion System)

Condition

Some customers may comment on an intermittent MIL/SES light Illuminated with a message center or an indicator that displays Reduced Engine Power. DTC P2138 - Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor 1-2 Correlation may be set. The voltage difference between APP sensor 1 and APP sensor 2 exceeds a predetermined value for more than a brief period. Refer to DTC P2138 in SI for further diagnostics.

Cause

On some vehicles, the IP to body harness connector, which carries the APP signal to the ECM/PCM, is located in the left hand kick panel area or inside the IP. Water intrusion into these areas could cause an electrical short in the APP circuits setting a P2138 code.

Correction

Note: Make sure that no add-on/aftermarket equipment is electrically connected to the APP signals or to the other ECM/PCM five volt reference or return lines. These can generate false P2138 and/or other ETC System DTCs. If there are other engine DTCs besides P2138, such as MAP sensor faults (i.e. P0107, P0108), resolve these first before attempting to diagnose P2138 DTCs.

Important: Refer to DTC P2138 in SI to confirm that the ETC pedal is operating correctly.

Locate the IP to body harness connector, which may be located in and around the left hand kick panel area or inside the IP. Check to see if there is a water leak into the area and repair as necessary. Use a water hose to determine the source of a water leak and effectiveness of repair. Some examples of potential water leaks are: A-pillar seals, sunroof drain lines (if so equipped) and windshield/cowl sealing. Finally, repair or replace the IP to body harness connector, making sure no corrosion or debris is left on or between the terminals.

Warranty Information (excluding Saab U.S. Models)

For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation

Description

Labor Time

N6608

Wiring And/Or Connector-Emissions System - Repair Or Replace

Use Published Labor Operation Time

Warranty Information (Saab U.S. Models)

Labor Operation

Description

Failed Object

Fault/Reason Code

Location Code

Warranty Type

Repair/Action Code

Labor Time

(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

37135

61

0

01

01 (Replace)

05 (Repair)

Use Published Labor Operation Time

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

#PIP3783B: Reduced Power Message And Accelerator Pedal Position Code - keywords 5.3 6.0 6.2 6.6 accel acceleration APP DIC DTC engine LC9 LMG LY5 LY6 L92 mode no P2120 P2122 P2123 P2125 P2127 P2128 P2138 RPM - (Nov 20, 2007)

Subject:Reduced Power Message and Accelerator Pedal Position Code

Models:2007-2008 Cadillac Escalade
2007-2008 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe
2007-2008 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon Denali

This PI was superseded to update models and engines. Please discard PIP3783A.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:

The customer concern may be a SES light on with a reduced power message.

Recommendation/Instructions:

Complete the current SI diagnostics for any symptoms or DTCs found. If the vehicle was brought in for a reduced power message and DTCs P2120, P2122, P2123, P2125, P2127, P2128, or P2138 were found, inspect connectors C109 and C205. Connector C109 is located on the left side of the engine compartment below the underhood fuse block. Connector C205 is located under the Upper Instrument Trim Panel. To access connector C205 use the SI procedures for Instrument Panel Upper Trim Panel with Windshield Defroster Nozzle Grille Replacement.

Inspect all terminal and pin fits at connectors C109 and C205. Make sure the connectors are properly seated and locked. Make necessary wiring repairs following SI procedures.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

Edited by BigBlock434 on 9/24/2009 at 1:15 AM EST
When you take to them, give them the numbers not the paper work I sent you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This should be covered under the 100,000 mile warranty?
Yes it is.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank You i will not give the paperwork just the #'s
Your welcome and thank you.