BigBlock434, Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified and 100% General Motors trained in all fields

07 Chevy Cobalt: check engine light..cooling..a Actron OBD II scanner

Customer Question

We have a '07 Chevy Cobalt. We got a check engine light and a "cooling mode on" message.
I plugged in a Actron OBD II scanner, but it says "link error". The check engine light cleared but we still get the "cooling mode on" message almost every trip.

The car is three weeks out of warranty.

Any suggestions?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 7 years ago.
<p>Quickly get it back to the dealer and tie it to the previous problem and they can back date the warranty if they have the dealerships word.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks Dan</p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I spoke with the dealer's service writer but he said that since we didn't buy the car from that dealer he couldn't do anything about it being out of warranty.
I don't know what you mean by previous problem as there has only been this problem.

I was hoping for an idea of what "cooling mode on" means, and perhaps how to correct it.
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 7 years ago.
I think if you request caprio 23 the best darn gm expert I know he will get you on track
Expert:  BigBlock434 replied 7 years ago.

This message may display on some vehicles. Under severe conditions, hot ambient temperatures, steep grades, and towing, your vehicle may experience more transaxle shifting. This is temporary and normal under these conditions. This does not require engine or transaxle service.

This is what is ment by your message that comes up on your display. If you need anything else please ask.

BigBlock434, Chevy Mechanic
Experience: ASE Master certified and 100% General Motors trained in all fields