JHoop, Chevy Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner

1992 chevy S10: a torque wrench to adjust rocker arms and values..2WD

How to use a torque wrench to adjust rocker arms and values 1992 chevy S10 4.3 2WD?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JHoop replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer my name isXXXXX you for choosing There is no tightening sequence for this engine
The rocker arms are to be torqued to 20 ft. lbs. If you have any more questions or need any diagrams, please dont hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yeah, I found the specification but when I used the torque wrench that had a needle indicator it seemed that I was tighten and the needle didn't move. This caused me to tighten too mcu I think. I 'd like to start over but I'm having difficulty finding a racket that has a range that small. Any suggetsions?
Expert:  JHoop replied 7 years ago.
You cannot tighten them too much. The nut will seat on the stud, preventing the rocker from going too far.