ase_master327
ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience with Chevrolet. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.

wiper blades work on high only. no other speed chevi suburban

wiper blades work on high only. no other speed
chevi suburban 1500 2001what part do I need
Category: Chevy
Expert:  ase_master327 replied 4 years ago.
Hi, thanks for asking.. it sounds like you would need the switch..
Check for power to the low speed and ground.. to verify if it is getting power or not.. Here is a picture of the connector on the wiper motor identifying which terminal does what::
graphic

Hope it helps!
ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience: +15 years experience with Chevrolet. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so if its the switch? Where is the switch located ? is it in the lever on the column or on the motor itself. Sorry, single mom trying to order part to get it fixed for inspection. if you weren't in texas you'd get the repair job itslelf. ( smile) thank you so much
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
need diagrams, instructions or more help, just let me know.
The same switch that you use to turn them on and off... If it is not getting power, then you would look into the switch, but if there is power there, then you would look into the motor.
ase_master327, Shop Owner
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the wipers have power but not variable speed. Only high speed?
Then you would look into the switch.
Here is the rest of the wiring for that system:
graphic
TO change the switch, you need to pull off the steering wheel, and the lock plate.. and then the switch is there in your face.. pretty straightforward, but there are special tools needed for the steering wheel and lockplate removal.. They are called steering wheel puller, and lock plate removal tools.. They cost about $20 between them, and are pretty straightforward as far as how to use them.
ase_master327, Shop Owner