Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience:  29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering

I have an 05 z-71 Suburban with a Bose 6 cd changer. I ejected

I have an 05 z-71 Suburban with a Bose 6 cd changer. I ejected a cd yesterday and now the cd player seems to be stuck. The little cd icon is blinking I tried turning it off & on then hitting the eject button (like you do if the dvd @ the rse gets stuck) but then it just displays "initializing" and still won't eject or play the cd's Is there another way to reset it, or do I have to take it to the dealer for service?

Hello and welcome to Just, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

There has been a service bulletin for that type of concern. It involves a reprogramming of the radio. The labor is only about half an hour though, (dealer)

Here is what it states.

Audio System - 6 Disc CD Changer Won't Play/Eject CD

Bulletin No.: 07-08-44-017

Date: August 27, 2007

Radio With Six Disc CD Changer Does Not Recognize Loaded CD And Displays An "INITIALIZING" Message, CD Will Not Play, CD Cannot Be Ejected, Or Disc Icon Does Not Illuminate (Reprogram Radio)

2005-2006 Chevrolet Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe
2005-2007 Chevrolet Colorado, Express, Silverado Classic, TrailBlazer
2005-2006 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL
2005-2007 GMC Canyon, Envoy, Savana, Sierra Classic
2005-2006 HUMMER H2

with Six Disc CD Changer Equipped Audio System (RPO UC6)

Some customers may comment on any of the following conditions:

The CD loaded in the radio will not play.

The CD loaded in the radio will not eject.

The disc icon on the radio will not illuminate.

The radio displays an "INITIALIZING" message for approximately 30 seconds after vehicle start up.

Do not attempt to play CDs with paper labels on them in this CD player. The labels may warp or wrinkle and jam the CD player mechanism. Refer to the Compact Disc Care and Cleaning procedure (Document ID #(NNN) NNN-NNNN in SI for more information.

Technicians are to reprogram the radio with new operating software using the following procedure:

If the radio has a CD(s) loaded, it will be necessary to reset the radio and remove them before the radio is reprogrammed. Remove and reinstall the radio fuse to reset the radio and then eject the CD(s). If cycling the power to the radio does not allow the CD(s) to be removed, the radio may have another failure that will not be corrected by the reprogramming procedure that follows. Refer to the Diagnostic Starting Point - Entertainment procedure in SI to begin your diagnosis of this failure to eject CDs concern before reprogramming the radio.

Reprogram the radio using the Service Programming System (SPS) with the latest software available on TIS2WEB. Refer to the SPS procedures and the Radio Programming and Set procedure in SI for more information. As always make sure your Tech 2(R) is updated with the latest software version.

Verify proper operation of the radio and make sure that all CDs can be ejected.