Billy
Billy, Chevrolet tecnician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience,GM grand master for 8 years,certified smog and government safety inspector
12771247

2003 Chevy: 10 Pickup, Extended Cab, 4X4..heater core..Chevy S10

2003 Chevy S-10 Pickup, Extended Cab, 4X4. Working in home garage to replace heater core. We are following the directions in the Chilton Manual for Chevy S10 Trucks. The dash board, blower fan and overflow resevoir have been removed. All vacuum and electrical connections have been disconnected. Having difficulty removing the Heating/Ventilation module. The directions in the manual seem to be incorrect. Can not find all of the bolts to loosen the module from the firewall. Please explain how to remove the heating/ventilation module.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Billy replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer.

This information should help you.

If you feel my answer was helpful, please click the ACCEPT button. Feedback & Bonuses are always welcome.
Best regards,
Billy.

Object Number: 617612  Size: SH

1. Remove the instrument panel.
  2. Drain the engine coolant.

3. Object Number: 617623  Size: SH

4. Remove the blower motor resistor.
  5. Important: Mark and use the same mounting bolt for the heater/vent module during the installation process. Other mounting bolts are longer and will obstruct the operation of the temperature door.

6. Remove the heat/vent module mounting bolt through the blower motor resistor or service access cover opening.

7. Object Number: 1595  Size: SH

8. Remove the right wheel house panel.
  9. Remove the front right tire.
  10. On the Utility only, remove the A/C evaporator and blower module heat shield screws.
  11. On the Utility only, slide the A/C evaporator and blower module heat shield toward the front of the vehicle.
  12. Remove the 2 lower heat/vent module mounting nuts.
  13. On the Utility only, remove the A/C evaporator and blower module heat shield bracket.
  14. Remove the bottom right heat/vent module mounting bolt from inside the vehicle.
  15. Important: The heat/vent mounting stud has a flange on the inside and cannot be removed from under the hood. Stop turning the stud after the threads are off the heat/vent module.

16. On the Utility only, while an assistant inside the vehicle pulls the bottom right corner of the heat/vent module approximately 2.5 mm (1 in) back, remove the 2 heat/vent module mounting studs.
  17. Lower the vehicle.

18. Object Number: 529580  Size: SH

19. On vehicles with a 2.2 L engine only, remove the engine wiring harness bracket located at the rear of the intake manifold.
  20. Remove the HVAC module mounting bolt located at the lower left side of the heater core to heater hose connection.
  21. Remove the HVAC module mounting nut located at the lower right side of the heater core to heater connection.
  22. Important: The heat/vent mounting stud has a flange on the inside and cannot be removed from under the hood. Stop turning the stud after the threads are off the heat/vent module.

23. On the Utility only, loosen the HVAC module mounting studs until the threads are free from the heat/vent module.
  24. Disconnect all of the electrical connectors from the HVAC module.
  25. Disconnect all of the vacuum lines from the heater assembly.
  26. Disconnect the heater hoses from the heater core.
  27. Remove the HVAC module from the vehicle.
Billy, Chevrolet tecnician
Experience: Over 25 years experience,GM grand master for 8 years,certified smog and government safety inspector