JHoop
JHoop, Chevy Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner
4700517

1965 Corvette: ignition & seek a locksmith

Customer Question

I have a 1965 Corvette I just lost the key and do have the correct blank.......... How can I get the car to start............ remove the ignition & seek a locksmith?

Brian    thanks........
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JHoop replied 7 years ago.
Hello , my name isXXXXX you for choosing justanswer.com. To remove the ignition lock cylinder, put the key in, and with a paperclip, push the pin in through the little hole in the lock cylinder, and turn the lock cylinder while pulling out at the same time. Lock cylinders are readily available from most auto parts stores. If you have any more questions or need any diagrams, please dont hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop