Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience:  ASE CERTIFICATION
3903212

94 chevy blazer 4.3 vortec engine. where do all my plugs go

Customer Question

94 chevy blazer 4.3 vortec engine. where do all my plugs go on the distributor and what is the firing order
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 5 years ago.

Here is the info you should need to replace the wires etc. Feel free to contact me with any questions!

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thats what it is now but the engine still wont turn over
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 5 years ago.
Did the engine work prior to this repair? Can you give me some more details?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes the engine worked this morning when it was taken for muffler repair, it needed a tune up so we replaced the cap and plugs wires oil air filter all that jazz. its been stuttering since i replaced the y pipe because of the oxygen sensor took a dive and some one who previously owned my pos truck welded it in and snapped the manifold bolts. all in all this "first car" thing sux. I paid 800.00 for it 3 yrs ago and have driven it maybe six months since, and put 4000.00 and counting in it. i am at my wits end with this blazer
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 5 years ago.
Is this a 4.3W engine? Do you know if any testing has been done to verify fuel pressure? Any check engine lights coming on at this point?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
when i replaced the oxygen sensor it went off for about two weeks and popped back on, all i know is its a 4.3 vortec engine
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 5 years ago.
Have you been able to verify spark and fuel pressure at this time? Do you note any signs of this engine trying to start, or even backfire?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
spark and fuel pressure r good my father in law got the wires double checked it sounds like it wants to start then jumps ALOT bangs and dies
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 5 years ago.
Ok how much fuel pressure do you have and how did you test it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
dont know i was in here on the computer but he said it wasnt that
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 5 years ago.
Well that is a misconception for this particular engine setup. You need to have 55+ psi to even make the injectors work. What I am saying is that if you have 35 psi which is alot, it would still not be enough to make the injectors function. One test you may want to try to test this theory would be to shoot some starting fluid into the throttle body and then see if the engine responds when you try to start it. The ONLY way to check the fuel pressure correctly is with the use of a fuel pressure tester. In addition to this, I would also verify that you do in fact have spark at each spark plug.