GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
10949255

2004 Chevy Silverado - driver side and rear speakers are not

2004 Chevy Silverado - driver side and rear speakers are not working, only the passenger side. Suggestions?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 5 years ago.

Welcome. Did they go out at the same time?

Forgive me for asking this, but you have checked the balance control?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just purchased the truck and didn't realize the speakers weren't working. If the balance control you asked about is the feature on the radio, yes I have tried adjusting with no results. I don't know the history of the truck.
Ok, do any of the chimes work, like having the key in the ignition with the door open, or leave the headlights on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry for the delay, I'm at work. No the chimes are not working.
OK. Does your truck have the Bose system or just the regular radio?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is no Bose insignia so I believe it is regular
OK, it is likely that you have either a bad speaker which is common or bad wiring. Myself, knowing how common the speakers are and that they are not all that expensive, would try a speaker.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's not just one speaker, the driver side and the rear speakers are not working, remember its a crew cab

OK, For some reason I though it was the drivers front and rear. Sorry. Do you have a multimeter to test the resistance of the speakers from the connector at the back of the radio?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, how hard is it to get to?

The radio is easy. With the steering wheel tilted low and the gear selector in low, pull the edges of the trim around the cluster to remove it. Then there are 3 screws, 7mm that hold the radio in. Remove them and slide the radio out. Below is the speaker information.

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: FS

GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience: GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX check it out.