JHoop
JHoop, Chevy Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner

1995 chevy silverado 350 eng engine cranks but wont start

1995 chevy silverado 350 eng

engine cranks but wont start new fuel pump and fuel pump relay new ignition module. when i turn the ignition fuel pump makes no noise if i bridge the fuel pump relay with a wire fuel pump will come on.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
HelloCustomer my name isXXXXX you for choosing justanswer.com. Check ECM B fuse. It supplies power to the fuel pump relay. I uploaded the procedure in .pdf format here to justanswer. You can download it by clicking HERE. I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions or need any more diagrams, please don't hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

not sure where that is for sure need more diagrams or hint where to look?

Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
The ECM B fuse is in the underhood relay center. HERE is a look of that center.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok checked it and its good. now what could it be
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
Does the check engine lite come on when the key is in run?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no it doesnt.
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
Check all the fuses in the underhood fuse center that are labeled ECM. Are they good?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes they are all good. when i turn the key to run all my gauges on the dash work except for the battery voltage gauge. dont know if that helps
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
Do you have a 12v test lite?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes.
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
With the key on, check for voltage at all the ECM fuses. Is there 12v there?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yeah they all work
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
Check the TRANS fuse in the passenger compartment fuse panel. Check for 12v when the key is in run. Make sure the fuse is good.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
its good. the truck was running good then when I stopped to check the mail i shut it off then got back in to start it and thats when it broke down continued to crank but wouldnt start.
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
If the check engine lite does not come on when the key is in run, the ECM has no power, or it has failed. HERE are the schematics for the ECM. Find the circuits that supply power and ground to the ECM and make sure the have 12v with the key in run. Make sure all grounds are good. If all chaeck out, the ECM is faulty.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how do i replace the ecm?

Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
Have you tested the powers and grounds? HERE is the ECM removal and installation.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
not yet just wanted to see how big a job this was. when i look up the ecm part at the auto store i keep getting engine computer control. this isnt it is it.
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
What store?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
autozone
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
There are 2 shown. The # XXXXX your original ECM should correspond with the one you purchase.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I will accept your answer once i get the ecm repaired. most likely tomorrow afternoon. hopefully this repairs my problem.

i promise your answer will get accepted but i gotta make sure this gets my truck running first.

Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
With the information provided, you are on spot.. If you have any more questions or need any diagrams, please dont hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop
JHoop, Chevy Technician
Experience: 14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner