frank
frank, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  33 years experience,24 years of Chevroler/GM experience and training .ASE Recertified Master Tech,
1816887

99 s10 blazer: 4.3 4wd will not start..crank..fuel pump..fuses

My 99 s10 blazer, 4.3 4wd will not start. The engine will not crank nor does the fuel pump come on. I checked all fuses, I tried my spare key, tried in all gear positions. Several times the security light blinked while trying to start, but not every time. I disconnected battery over night. I suspect it's the security key cylinder. If you think so too, can I bypass that?

The factory security system will not disable the starter-just fuel.Check for power on the purple wire at the starter-if you do check the power and grounds,if they test ok its a starter.If there is no power check the ign A 40 amp fuse for power when turning the key to crank.If not check the ignition switch and wireing

Check power power with the key to crank on the 10 amp crank fuse-if thats ok check for power into the n/s switch yellow wire and power out on the purple wire.

At the starter relay-pin 85 should be power and 86 ground-

Start at the relay-there is a schematic on the relay pins 86 and 30 jumperd should make the starter crank. -the other 2 wires are a switched power and ground .There is a mian ground by the distributor that like to brake.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
do these tips apply to the no fuel pump turning on?
Check the power circuits to the starter-the fuel pump is ecm controled and the relay is commaned on for only the first 2 seconds at key on-the fuel pump relay will have keyed power a ground and switched power to the pump just like the starter relay, If you dont have 2 powers to either relay check the ignition switch and main power feeds and fuses.