Scott K
Scott K, ASE Master Tech/Instructor
Experience:  20 yrs Experience; GM factory Training ASE Master Certified with L1 advanced engine diagnostics
9480930

Evap vent valve located on a 2006 chevy silverado ext cab 5.

where is the evap vent valve located on a 2006 chevy silverado ext cab 5.3l and do i need to drop gastank to find,looked everywhere i have the part but coud not locate where it goes
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Scott K replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer,

GM has a service procedure upon vent valve replacement a new filter is added and relocated, this should come with the valve you have if not the filter kit is recommended. The gas tank does not need to be dropped.

Below is the part number and service bulletin with pictures that show what needs to be done

19207763 (2004-2009 Model Year)

Solenoid Kit, EVAP Emission Canister Vent Valve

1

Click to view EVAP vent valve service bulletin

Evaporative Emission Canister Vent Solenoid Valve Replacement (Extended Cab)

1. Raise and suitably support the vehicle.
  2. Disconnect the evaporative emission (EVAP) canister vent valve electrical connector.
  3. Disconnect the canister pipe from the vent valve.
  4. Push in the retainer and remove the existing canister vent valve from the fuel tank clip or mounting bracket. Discard the old valve.
  5. Cut back the existing canister pipe approximately 51 mm (2 in) to remove the quick connect end.

6. Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH

7. Install the new canister vent valve to the fuel tank clip or mounting bracket.
  8. Cut a bulk 5/8 in heater hose to a length of approximately 76 mm (3 in).
  9. Install the hose between the vent valve and the canister pipe and secure using clamps.
  10. Attach a bulk 5/8 in heater hose to the vent valve port and secure using a clamp. Run a length as needed along the frame rail routing to the area above the transmission.
  11. Cut the hose to determined length and install the supplied filter box. Secure using a clamp.

12. Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH

13. Secure the filter box to the fuel lines above the transmission using a tie strap.
  14. The filter box opening should be pointing downward.

15. Connect the EVAP canister vent valve electrical connector.
  16. Tie strap the hose as needed along the frame rail in order to keep the hose away from the pinch-points and heat sources.
  17. Lower the vehicle.
Scott K, ASE Master Tech/Instructor
Experience: 20 yrs Experience; GM factory Training ASE Master Certified with L1 advanced engine diagnostics
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
still does not show where the orginal is i look fo over hr and still cant find where tthe stock evap valve is will you show pick of this on my truck
Expert:  Scott K replied 5 years ago.

Does this help if not let me know? find the charcaol canister and look for the large hose leaving this leads to the vent valve

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: LF

(1)Fuel Pump and Sender Assembly
(2)Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) Canister Vent Solenoid

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

cant see anythging on the sises of the gas tank found the big box but cant find #2 in your picture

Expert:  Scott K replied 5 years ago.

On the charcoal canister (big box) there are 3 lines or hoses, 2 will be close together and one will be off by itself, it should be the largest hose on the canister, follow this hose to the valve.

This should be the location of the valve. towards the rear of the tank.

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
found the canister with the lines followed line to a round plastic piece in between frame and tank a real pain to get at if this is it it is held to the frame on a bracket with what appers to bew a 9/16 bold could this be it?
Expert:  Scott K replied 5 years ago.
Probably a 13 or 15mm head bolt but it sounds like you found it, one line on the canister leads to the engine and the other to the top of the tank , and the other to the vent valve.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

last thing i hope,after i take this off will i have enough room to relocate and disconnect it

to run hose

Expert:  Scott K replied 5 years ago.

Yes once you get the bolt out, it should move out so you can disconnect it.

Do you have the kit I listed in the first post?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i bought part(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

gm 19207763,looks like it but is non electrical and one part looks exactly like tthe vent to be now on the top of tranny

Expert:  Scott K replied 5 years ago.

The vent valve should be electrical and the filter assy is the piece that is placed up on the tranny vent, You will need some 5/8' heater hose and 4 clamps to fit.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
not sure if correct kit can you check i bought off ebay gm 19207763
Expert:  Scott K replied 5 years ago.

That is the correct number but it should have an electric vent valve inside.

You still have the link to the post on ebay?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170371446219&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Expert:  Scott K replied 5 years ago.

Does what you have look like the picture on the Ebay page?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no looks like what was on the picture in a blue chevy you sent me 2 pieces
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sorry Scott the part is electrical round on top and smaller round end has 2 male post connector,is this correct
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
do i have the correct part?
Expert:  Scott K replied 5 years ago.

Okay I think you got the right part but you dont have the filter kit.

You can replace just the valve if the vent hose is not clogged, which is the other hose on the valve not leading to the canister.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok this is what the dealer showed me ill don t see a filter will you show or send me a part number and picture
Expert:  Scott K replied 5 years ago.

The "kit" part number 19207763, comes with the filter and vent valve, you then need to purchase about 5 feet of 5/8' heater hose and 4 clamps to perform the bulletin.

The part sold on ebay was probably old stock from a dealer that was updated with the new kit and was only the valve.

The filter and hose relocates the inlet to the vent valve to a better location so water, mud and dirt does not get ingested into the valve causing it to leak or stick open.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it has 2 parts to it one goes 2 tranny and one is electrical
Expert:  Scott K replied 5 years ago.

Good, now you just need to get the heater hose and clamps, and a tie strap or two.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks 4 everything
Expert:  Scott K replied 5 years ago.

Thank you

Scott K