Neal, Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  Shop Owner and Mechanic on multiple makes.

I have a 2001 GMC Yukon Denali. The center console has paint

Customer Question

I have a 2001 GMC Yukon Denali. The center console has paint chipping, broken doors over the DC outlets, and a broken "catch" for one of the storage compartments that opens. I would like to replace the console, but many parts are discontinued from being purchased new (and are very expensive anyway).

I have located a 2003-2006 center console, but the 03-06 has a different rear audio control setup, and does not have the "Driver's Information Center" that the 01-02 center console has.

Is the 2003-2006 center console rear audio control device compatible with the 01-02?
Where did the functionality of the "Drivers Information Center" go in the 2003-2006 model?
In general, will this swap work?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Neal replied 7 years ago.
You are much better off trying to find the right year. the parts are not directly compatible.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can you provide more detail? What is not compatible? Is the rear stereo control incompatible? Is the size of the console incompatible? Will the DIC not work properly?
Expert:  Neal replied 7 years ago.
The stereo and DIC are not compatible according the the interchange info even if the the connectors look the same. The console should fit but I have not tried myself to see if the mounting locations are the same.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can you provide the "interchange" info? I assume this means the pinout? I'll accept the response if you do.

Expert:  Neal replied 7 years ago.
No I cannot. Sorry, I will opt out.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.