Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech

Chevy S10: my abs light thinking..hood to re

My ABS light goes on and off on my Chevy S10 pickup (4 cyl). I just had my brakes looked at and rotors replaced 2 weeks ago. I'm thinking this light is a fluke, and I've heard from others on the internet that the sensor may be loose--where should I look for this sensor(s) under the hood to re-secure the connection?
was the abs light going on and off BEFORE the brake work was done?or after?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Both-- intermittently on & off both before and after the work was done. Seems unrelated...
ok well what we ned to do is get the code out of the ABS..that code will tell us if its a wheel sensor problem or any other problem..we dont want guess here some of these parts are very expensive..if it is a wheel speed sensor code we would need to drive it with a scan tool hooked up monitering the ABS wheel speeds and see if that particualr wheel is loosing its MPH when driving
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So, you're recommending that I bring it in-- if so, do most shops have the scan tool?
yes most shps do..they should be able to nail down the problem in under 1 hour..i will almost bet it will be one of the sensors or one of the front sensor connections