ZZDaryl, Chevy Technician
Experience:  28 year experience, Master Mechanic

2002 Impala: The cigarette lighter and aux power

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Impala. The cigarette lighter and aux power stopped giving out power, I tried the a new fuse but still the same problem. Is there anything I can do?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 7 years ago.
Is this fuse located in the left instrument panel fuse box? Labeled CIG/AUX
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 7 years ago.
Ok, if the fuse actually has power the problem is most likely the cig lighter socket itself is probably bad and would need to be changed. The power to the fuse can be checked with a test light and you can also check the socket itself to see if there is power to the center of the socket but be careful not to touch the sides of the socket they should be ground and would make the fuse blow if you touch both. If just the lighter is not working they also can burn out over time but if you are using accessories and they do not work the problem is most likely as described above.