Greg A
Greg A, Master Troubleshooter
Experience:  Working with Electronics & Cars for 25+ Years
5229702

I have a 2000 Chevy Malibu. My driver side window will not

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Chevy Malibu. My driver side window will not go down, but when I press the other 3 buttons for the passenger and back windows they go down. I had my mother's dog in my car and he was standing on the button and it seem to have gotten stuck so I guess I forced it and now the driver one will not work. I have gotten a new 4 button switch, how hard is it to replace? How do I take the old one out and what needs to come off of the driver's door?. And then how do I put the new one in? I am a single mother, trying to do repairs myself to my car to cut down on expenses. Thanks for all of your help in advance and have a great day.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Greg A replied 5 years ago.

Hello & Welcome,

Here is the procedure to replace the switch panel.

Power Accessory Switch Panel Replacement

Removal Procedure

graphic

Caution

Before servicing any electrical component, the ignition key must be in the OFF or LOCK position and all electrical loads must be OFF, unless instructed otherwise in these procedures. If a tool or equipment could easily come in contact with a live exposed electrical terminal, also disconnect the negative battery cable. Failure to follow these precautions may cause personal injury and/or damage to the vehicle or its components.

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
  2. Use a flat bladed tool in order to remove the power accessory switch panel (3) from the door (5). Pry at the front of the switch.
  3. Disconnect the electrical connectors (4) from the switches.
  4. Remove the power window switch from the panel.
  5. Remove the power mirror switch from the panel.

Installation Procedure

1. Install the power mirror switch to the panel.
  2. Install the power window switch to the panel.

graphic
  3. Connect the electrical connector (4) to the switch.
  4. Install the switch panel (3) to the door (5).
  5. Ensure the unit is retained.
  6. Connect the negative battery cable.

.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks, XXXXX

Greg A, Master Troubleshooter
Experience: Working with Electronics & Cars for 25+ Years
Expert:  Greg A replied 5 years ago.

Hi again,

My post may have been messed up when you first looked at it.

Please try looking again.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Greg.. thank you for the quick response... this seems like something that I can do, and yes I will probably will ask someone for help. I was just sending you a reply when I got one from you, yes your post was a little freaky, but now it is ok. I am going to try and attempt this on Wednesday. Wish me luck... Again, thank you.
Expert:  Greg A replied 5 years ago.

You are quite welcome & thanks for the accept.

Please let me know what happens or if you need more information.

Have a good night, Greg A.