ironmike
ironmike, ASE Master tech
Experience:  30 years ASE Master L1 GM certified
11302663

where can I get a diagram that shows how to change a timing

Customer Question

where can I get a diagram that shows how to change a timing belt on a 2006 chevrolet optra
Category: Chevy
Expert:  ironmike replied 5 years ago.

Greetings,

In a canadian review it says it's the same as the suzuki florenza. I can give you that.

Timing Belt Removal and Installation
Removal

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
  2. Disconnect the Manifold Air Temperature (MAT) sensor connector.
  3. Disconnect the air cleaner outlet hose from the throttle body.

1. Disconnect the breather tube from the camshaft cover.
  2. Remove the air cleaner housing bolts.
  3. Remove the air cleaner housing.
  4. Remove the right front wheel.

1. Remove the right front wheel well splash shield.
  2. Remove the serpentine accessory drive belt.
  3. Remove the crankshaft pulley bolts.
  4. Remove the crankshaft pulley.

1. Remove the right engine mount bracket.
  2. Remove the front timing belt cover bolts.

1. Remove the front timing belt cover.

1. Using the crankshaft gear bolt, rotate the crankshaft clockwise until the timing mark on the crankshaft gear is aligned with the notch at the bottom of the rear timing belt cover.

1. Align the camshaft gears with the notch on the camshaft cover.
  2. Remove the timing belt.

1. Loosen the automatic tensioner bolt. Turn the hex-key tab to relieve belt tension. Installation

1. Align the timing mark on the crankshaft gear with the notch on the bottom of the rear timing belt cover.

1. Align the timing marks on the camshaft gears, using the intake gear mark for the intake gear and the exhaust gear mark for the exhaust gear.

1. Install the timing belt.
  2. Turn the hex-key tab in a clockwise direction to tension the belt. Turn until the pointer aligns with the notch.
  3. Install the automatic tensioner bolt. Tighten: Tighten the automatic tensioner bolt to 25 Nm (18 ft. lbs.) .
  4. Rotate the crankshaft two full turns clockwise using the crankshaft pulley bolt.

1. Recheck the automatic tensioner pointer.
  2. Install the front timing belt cover.
  3. Install the front timing belt cover bolts. Tighten: Tighten the front timing belt cover bolts to 6 Nm (53 inch lbs.) .

1. Install the right engine mount bracket.
  2. Install the crankshaft pulley.
  3. Install the crankshaft pulley bolts. Tighten: Tighten the crankshaft pulley bolts to 20 Nm (15 ft. lbs.) .
  4. Install the serpentine accessory drive belt.
  5. Install the right front wheel well splash shield.
  6. Install the right front wheel.
  7. Install the air cleaner housing.

1. Install the air cleaner housing bolts. Tighten: Tighten the air cleaner housing bolts to 10 Nm (89 inch lbs.) .
  2. Connect the air cleaner outlet hose to the throttle body.
  3. Connect the breather tube to the camshaft cover.
  4. Connect the MAT sensor connector.

1. Connect the negative battery cable.

Terms of Use

good luck

ironmike, ASE Master tech
Experience: 30 years ASE Master L1 GM certified
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks Iron Mike, This is perfect, much appreciated,it's great to get this service online, will sure use it again

Have a good one

Expert:  ironmike replied 5 years ago.
anytime, I am glad to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

HI Iron Mike,

I was just going to print off theinfo you sent me for the installation of the timing belt for a chev optra, but I can't open the diagrams, it worked yesterday. Would you mind resending me the diagrams, if you can,

Thanks,

Brenda

Expert:  ironmike replied 5 years ago.
ALLDATA OnlineHome | Account | Contact ALLDATA | Log Out | Help

BEATY CHEVROLET COMPANY

Select Vehicle | New TSBs | Technician's Reference
Component Search:
Conversion Calculator

2006 Suzuki Forenza L4-2.0L

Vehicle Level Engine, Cooling and Exhaust Engine Timing Belt Service and Repair
Service and Repair
Notes

Timing Belt Removal and Installation
Removal

3. Remove the air cleaner housing.
  4. Remove the right front wheel.

3. Remove the crankshaft pulley bolts.
  4. Remove the crankshaft pulley.

1. Remove the front timing belt cover.

2. Remove the timing belt.

1. Install the timing belt.

2. Install the front timing belt cover.

2. Install the crankshaft pulley.
  6. Install the right front wheel.
  7. Install the air cleaner housing.

4. Connect the MAT sensor connector.

1. Connect the negative battery cable.

© 2009
Terms of Use
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Iron Mike, Thanks Printed off real good now,will surely use your advice in the future

Brenda

Expert:  ironmike replied 5 years ago.
you are welcome, glad to help