the expert
the expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  master certified 16years
18470434

1999 Chevy: cab V6 five speed 4X4 w/ ac)..passenger side

I have a 1999 Chevy Silverado( short bed regualr cab V6 five speed 4X4 w/ AC). Sometimes when it rains, I get a water leak that seems to becomming from under the dash up by the windsheild on the passenger side. It runs under and soaks the floor. I have had this truck for about ten years and this must have been going on for a while because the floor has surface rust. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
hi there. have you ever had the windshield replaced or did the previous owner
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes, this is the third windsheild since I have had the truck. It leaked with the original windsheild and every one since.

Thanks
ok i doubt that it is the windshield then unless you have terrible luck and got three bad installs. what you need to do is to take a garden hose over the windshild area while someone looks from the inside and tries to see where it is coming in at. could possibly be coming in around the hvac housing
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If it is leaking around the housing, how difficult would it be to re-seal it? What is the procedure?

Thank you.