Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

How to reset the factory alarm on a 2000 silverado

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 years ago.

hi

lets give this a try

thanks

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..i'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please dont let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

PASSLOCK Reprogramming Auto Learn

PASSLOCK REPROGRAMMING AUTO LEARN

IMPORTANT: If a new vehicle/powertrain control module (VCM/PCM) is being installed for the first the manufacturing enable bit will be set and the auto learn procedure may not be necessary.

The following procedure allows for anyone to reprogram the EVO/PASSLOCK (TM) module learned data code with any tools, other than the scan tool, when any of the following parts are replaced:

• The EVO/PASSLOCK (TM) module
  • The PASSLOCK(TM) sensor
  • The VCM/PCM

The EVO/PASSLOCK (TM) module will set the DTC B3031 in the learn mode when entering the reprogramming procedure.

IMPORTANT: Erase the PASSLOCK(TM) related Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) that are stored in the VCM/PCM. If there are any powertrain related DTCs, record these DTCs then refer Diagnostic System Check.

The following is the Auto Learn Procedure:

1. Insure the ignition key is in the ON position.
  2. Clear all EVO/PASSLOCK(TM) module and VCM/PCM DTCs. Record and refer any VCM/PCM DTCs to "Diagnostic System Check".
  3. Momentarily rotate the ignition key to the CRANK position (Do NOT start the vehicle), then release it to the RUN position (Do NOT key OFF in the process).
  4. Wait 10 minutes . Observe the SECURITY indicator. Refer to the following list for the appropriate responses:
    • If the PASSLOCK(TM) sensor was replaced the SECURITY indicator will flash for the 10 minutes duration.
    • If the EVO/PASSLOCK(TM) module was replaced, the SECURITY indicator will flash for a few seconds and then remain ON for the remainder of the 10 minutes duration.
    • If the VCM/PCM was replaced with a new programmed VCM/PCM and connected to the vehicle for the first time, the vehicle will start and this procedure may not be necessary.
    • If the replacement VCM/PCM was connected to any vehicle at any other time, even momentarily, the SECURITY indicator will flash for a few seconds and then remain ON for the 10 minutes duration.
  1. The SECURITY indicator will transition from flashing to ON briefly to OFF after 10 minutes if remaining in the ignition ON position.
  2. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and wait for 10 seconds .
  3. Repeat steps 3-6 two more times. The new security code is ready to be communicated among the PASSLOCK sensor, EVO/PASSLOCK module and VCM/PCM. The new password XXXXX XXXXX on the next ignition lock cylinder cycle from OFF to CRANK to ON (start attempt).
Programming Theft Deterrent System Components

PROGRAMMING REPLACEMENT PASSLOCK(TM) SENSOR, BCM, OR PCM

IMPORTANT:

• The Body Control Module (BCM) must be programmed with the proper PRO configurations before performing learn procedures. See BCM Programming/RPO Configuration.
  • If replacing the BCM with a GM Service Parts Operations (SPO) replacement part, the module will learn Passlock(TM) sensor data code immediately. The existing PCM however, must learn the new fuel continue password XXXXX the BCM is replaced.
  • If replacing a PCM with a GM Service Parts Operations (SPO) replacement part, after programming, these modules will learn the incoming fuel continue password XXXXX upon receipt of a password XXXXX Once a password XXXXX is received, and a password XXXXX XXXXX a learn procedure must be performed to change this password XXXXX A PCM which has been previously installed in another vehicle will have learned the other vehicle's fuel continue password XXXXX will require a learn procedure after programming to learn the current vehicle's password.

CONDITIONS
Use this procedure after replacing:

• Passlock(TM) Sensor
  • BCM
  • PCM

LEARN PROCEDURES
There are two available methods to perform the programming procedure:

• A 10 minutes procedure which requires a Tech 2 and a techline terminal.
  • A 30 minutes procedure which does not require the use of any tools.

10 MINUTE LEARN PROCEDURE

TOOLS REQUIRED

• Tech 2
  • Techline terminal with current Service Programming System (SPS) software
  1. Connect the Tech 2 to the vehicle.
  2. Select "Request Information" under "Service Programming".
  3. Disconnect the Tech 2 from the vehicle and connect it to a techline terminal.
  4. On the techline terminal, select "Theft Module Re-Learn" under "Service Programming".
  5. Disconnect the Tech 2 from the techline terminal and connect it to the vehicle.
  6. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  7. Select "VTD Re-Learn" under "Service Programming".
  8. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
  9. Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password XXXXX the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK).
  10. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .
  11. Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the password).
  12. With the Tech 2 (scan tool), clear any DTCs.

30 MINUTE LEARN PROCEDURE

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
  3. Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
  4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .
  5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK). IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password XXXXX the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
  6. Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password.
  7. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed. History DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles.