GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Vents, then switches to Defrost only..fuse box

Customer Question

2003 Silverado - A/C only blows out defroster, no other vents. Turn on the truck air begins to blow out vents, then switches to Defrost only. Below the panel, up under by the fuse box vent that opens and closes the vents for the A/C "teeth" are gone, and won't interlock. I can manually open the vents, but when I turn the truck off, then back on it resets the vents and just flows to Defroster. There is this clicking sound when I turn on the truck and you can hear the vents trying to open.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
ok on that piece you can manuly open the the this an automatic system or manual?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Automatic, dual climate control. I ordered a new A/C Dual Climate panel yesterday (since its all electrical, no hoses) but that wasn't the cause. The first few "teeth" are missing and its trying to rotate over to open the vents (click sound), but it doesn't catch.

Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
ok now they use electric accuaters to open those doors..on that door that you moved by hand on the other side of the heater box or should i say the other END of that door should have a little black box shaped like a porkchop..can you find it?