cartech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years ase mastertech. shop owner and tech

what is the towing capacity for a 1995 chevy silverado C 1500

what is the towing capacity for a 1995 chevy silverado C 1500 & will it safely pull a 24' camper?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  cartech replied 7 years ago.
towing capacity is 7500lbs this is total weight so take into consideration the weight that you put in for luggage and such if it is in the specs then it will be safe i tow a 20 foot with mine with no problems
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The camper is 4500lbs & we are having electric brakes installed, but we are buying the truck used, so I do not have any specs to refer to when making the decision. I am worried because the truck does not have a towing package built in.
Expert:  cartech replied 7 years ago.
that really isnt a big deal you need to instal a good hitch if it doesnt have one the only thing that might be a issue is if the rear springs are weak you may need to have them fixed but you wont know that until you hook up the camper and see how far the suspension squats down