ZZDaryl, Chevy Technician
Experience:  28 year experience, Master Mechanic

how can I bypass the passlock system on a 2001 blazer.

Category: Chevy
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 7 years ago.
There really is no way to easily bypass or cheap way to b pass the passlock system on this vehicle. The cheapest way to get this working is to fix it properly.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 7 years ago.

The below process might get you by until the problem happens again, there are several things that would need to be checked to determine the actual problem but it is usually the ignition lock cylinder/ passlock sensor that is causing the problem.

To perform a relearn, rotate the key from lock through crank and release it to run. Leave the key on for minimum 10 minutes. Turn the key off for 5 seconds minimum. Repeat the same steps 2 more times including the key off for 5 seconds after the 3rd cycle on.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is it possible to remove the system. I've seen it done years ago on a camaro. But dont remember how the mechanic did it. Is there a diagram that shows the system.
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 7 years ago.
There is no way to remove the system from the vehicle, it involves the PCM, BCM and the anti theft sensors, all of the above would need to be custom programmed or there are after market modules out there that can fool the system to bypass it but it would be cheaper to fix it.
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 7 years ago.

Diagram below, or click here

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
One more> is they procedures or steps that tell me how to test the componets and what to look for. Thanks
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 7 years ago.
1. Test Pass lock sensor voltages, there are three wires to test.

2. Test voltage from the Orange/Black wire to the Red/White wire, back probing with the sensor connected.

3. Should have 9.5v or higher at: IGN 0, IGN 1 and CRANK.

4. Test the voltage on the Yellow signal wire. Should have 4.7-5.0v at: IGN 0, and then a drop to a specific value should occur as the key is rotated to IGN 1 and/or CRANK.