Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

equinox..no sound coming from the speakers no radio ,onstar or dinger

Customer Question

2005 equinox the radio is not working or i should say there is no sound coming from the speakers no radio ,onstar or dinger any help would be great

thanks ray
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
ok will onstar sound work?will the door chime work?and everything lights up on the radio including radio station ect...just no sound?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the radio lights up tunes in channels when you press mute on the steering wheel controls mute lights pree the phone button phone lights on the radio just no sound at all and no door chimes either I have already pulled the radio out and all wires are plugged in I also just bought vehicle the dealer stated that it worked when they took it in on trade and the previous owner supossidly called and terminated her onstar service
Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
ok...well more than likley the radio has failed..the odds of all the speakers going out is slim..but if you have a mulit meter we could verify it..ill do what ever you want me to...you tell me
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I don't have one at home but i do at my garage but I won't be able to get untill later on today

Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.

does that have an amp in the back?do you know?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

not sure but probably there is a sub in the rear on the right side

Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.

ok yes it does then....ok..

Notes

Radio/Audio System Diagram 1

Radio/Audio System Diagram 2

Radio/Audio System Diagram 3

Radio/Audio System Diagram 4

LOCATION : The locations for the Connectors, Grounds, Splices, and Grommets shown within these diagrams can be found via their numbers at vehicle locations. See: Locations

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
none of the diagrams are visable
Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.

put your meter on A/C voltage and find you speaker wires off of the radio to any speaker..just pick on and with vehicle on and the radio on put meter at those 2 wires in the back of the radio and see if you have any A/C voltage..if you do then get to the amp under the back near the sub and do the same with A/C voltage for a speaker OFF OF THE AMP..and see if you have any A/C voltage..ok?

Notes

Radio/Audio System Diagram 1

Radio/Audio System Diagram 2

Radio/Audio System Diagram 3

Radio/Audio System Diagram 4

LOCATION : The locations for the Connectors, Grounds, Splices, and Grommets shown within these diagrams can be found via their numbers at vehicle locations. See: Loca

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

i will try it out and let you know

Thanks

Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.

darn they wont go..ok off the back of the radio

Radio/Audio System Diagram 1
Radio/Audio System Diagram 3

Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
ok let me know...good luck
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

ran out and checked the connectors on the amp they are all connected I will let you know later

thanks

Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hi i finally was able to check with a meter i have power in and out of the amp
Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
ok well then the radio has failed..you covered everything you can..the radio is bad
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
will i need to take it to the dealer and have it programed or is it a plug and play
Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
needs to be reprogramed..im sorry to say that..but it does or any shop with programing capabilitys
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

ok well i'll get one and have it done

thanks

Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
ok