ZZDaryl, Chevy Technician
Experience:  28 year experience, Master Mechanic

2001 cavalier: a high rpm and stays there my obd2 tester..lean bank

2001 cavalier 2.2 when started idle fluctuates up and down a lot then goes to a high rpm and stays there my obd2 tester says idle high lean bank 1
Category: Chevy
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 7 years ago.
THis sounds like a vacuum leak problem, so I would start by checking for vacuum leaks. If no leaks are found I would suspect the Idle air control motor(IAC) but the wiring between the PCM and the IAC should be check to be sure it is not a wiring problem. But usually the lean condition is caused by a vacuum leak.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

i found 1 vacume leak and repaired it i was thinking the same thing but find no other promblems any other suggestions

Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 7 years ago.
It still idles high after the repair?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 7 years ago.
It could be leaking some were that you can not see it (like intake gaskets or something like that), I usually use brake cleaner and spray around the engine to see if it affects the idle, if it does there is a leak near by. Be sure the engine if pretty cool because the brake clean is usually flammable and you do not want a fire.