GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

my 2006 chevy cobalt SS is locking and unlockiing itself over

my 2006 chevy cobalt SS is locking and unlockiing itself over and over, while the car is on and when its off. i thought maybe the remote for the keyless entry was messing up so i took it far away from the car and yet the car still does the same. Oh and when I get in or out of my car the security light (the mini car with the lock) flashes and the car dings 3 times
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 7 years ago.
Welcome. This sounds like there is a fault in the Body control module. This module controls the locking and unlocking of the car. Your actions thus far to diagnose by removing the key fobs is a great start and does eliminate the fobs as the issue.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
but thats just it, when i took away that remote for the keyless entry, the car was still locking and unlocking itself. So do i need to change the BCM? is there a way to dissable the security system?
Yes, I said that you taking the fobs away from the vehicle eliminates the fobs, not the BCM. You can take the door lock relays out of the BCM and that will stop the locks from cycling, but the BCM will still be acting up.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so is there a way to bypass this problem until i can change out the BCM?
No, the BCM is the problem and there is not way to bypass the BCM without disabling your car.