John, Master A.S.E Automotive technician
Experience:  A.S.E MasterTechnician A1-A8 w/L1,38 years experience General Motors Master Technician
6408229

how to replace the ac components on a chevy s10 pickup 200

how to replace the ac components on a chevy s10 pickup 2001?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What ac components would you like to replace ?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the compressor, evaporator and drier. I ordered the complete kit with oil and washers.
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
What size engine ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the 2.2L 4cyl 5-speed
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the 2.2L 4cyl 5-speed manual
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Ok,this should help you.

Air Conditioning Compressor Replacement (2.2L) .The dryer for this system is the accumulator which has to come off for evap removal.

1. Recover the refrigerant from the A/C system. Remove the drive belt.
  2. Disconnect the electrical connectors as necessary.

Important: Some system pressure may still exist in the A/C compressor crankcase after you evacuate the system.

3. Remove the compressor hose assembly.
    Object Number: 605322  Size: SH

4. Remove the compressor mounting bolts (2) from the bottom, front of the A/C compressor (1).
    Object Number: 281146  Size: SH

5. Remove the compressor rear bracket bolts.
  6. Remove the compressor from the brackets.
  7. If replacing the A/C compressor, drain and measure as much of the oil from the removed compressor as possible.

1. Install the compressor to the brackets.
    Object Number: 605322  Size: SH

Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

2. Install the compressor mounting bolts (2) to the A/C compressor (1).

Tighten
    Tighten the bolts to 50 N·m (37 lb ft).

Object Number: 281146  Size: SH

3. Install the compressor rear bracket bolts.

Tighten
    Tighten the bolts to 25 N·m (18 lb ft).

4. Install the compressor hose assembly.
  5. Connect the electrical connectors as necessary.
  6. Install the drive belt.
  7. Evacuate and recharge the refrigerant system. Leak test the fittings components Air Conditioning Evaporator Core Repladement

1. Disconnect the underhood lamp electrical connector, if equipped.
  2. Remove the hood. Remove the PCM. Refer to the appropriate procedure:
  3. Remove the coolant recovery tank. Disconnect the electrical connectors from the grille mounted lamps, if equipped.
  4. Remove the right front headlamp assembly. Remove the front bumper. Remove the right wheelhouse panel. Disconnect the radio antenna cable.
  5. Disconnect the electrical connector for the horn.
  6. Remove the right fender. .
  7. Remove the blower motor resistor. Remove the accumulator. Remove the evaporator tube. Remove the evaporator and blower module heat shield mounting screws.
  8. Remove the evaporator and blower module heat shield.

Important: Retain the evaporator and blower module heat shield mounting bracket for installation.

Object Number: 281197  Size: SH

9. Remove the evaporator and blower module mounting bolts and nuts.
  10. Remove the evaporator and blower module from the vehicle.
  11. Remove the 6 retaining screws holding the evaporator case section to the blower case section.
    Object Number: 281203  Size: SH

12. Separate the evaporator case section from the blower case section.
  13. Remove the evaporator core from the blower case section.
  14. Inspect the seals and replace as necessary.
    Object Number: 676571  Size: SH

15. Remove the expansion (orifice) tube (2) from the evaporator (1).

Object Number: 676571  Size: SH

1. Install the expansion (orifice) tube (2) to the evaporator (1).
    Object Number: 281203  Size: SH

2. Install the evaporator core to the blower case section.

Important: Ensure that the seal is in place between the 2 case sections.

3. Assemble the evaporator case section to the blower case section.

4. Install the 6 retaining screws.

Tighten
    Tighten the screws to 1.9 N·m (17 lb in).

Important: Ensure that the evaporator and blower module to the cowl seal is in place.

5. Install the evaporator and blower module to the vehicle.

Important: Install the evaporator and blower module heat shield mounting bracket with the evaporator and blower module mounting nuts.

Object Number: 281197  Size: SH

6. Install the evaporator and blower module mounting fasteners.

Tighten
    Tighten the to 4.5 N·m (40 lb in).

7. Install the evaporator and blower module heat shield.
  8. Install the evaporator and blower module heat shield mounting screws.

Tighten
    Tighten the screws to 2.2 N·m (19 lb in).

9. Install the evaporator tube. Install the accumulator.
  10. Install the blower motor resistor. Install the right fender. Connect the electrical connector for the horn.
  11. Install the radio antenna cable.
  12. Install the right wheelhouse panel. Install the front bumper. Install the right front headlamp assembly. Connect the electrical connectors to the grille mounted lamps.
  13. Install the coolant recovery tank. Install the PCM. Refer to the appropriate procedure:
  14. Install the hood. Connect the underhood lamp electrical connector.
  15. Evacuate and recharge the A/C system. Leak test the fittings components
Experience: A.S.E MasterTechnician A1-A8 w/L1,38 years experience General Motors Master Technician