Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness

my cds keep getting stuck in my 2005 Avalanche radio/cd player

my cd's keep getting stuck in my 2005 Avalanche radio/cd player (single disk player). What can I do to stop this from happening??
Are they store bought or home recorded CD's?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
They are Brand new store bought and cd's from the county library. If you press the eject button you can hear the cd player trying to eject the cd and sometimes you can even see the edge of the cd. But either the cd player (motor??) is too weak or it really sounds like the cd is caught on something. Hope this helps.
If you are using good quality CD's then the shuttle mechanism in the unit is failing. There are several places that will repair these or you may want to look into a replacement aftermarket unit, they are usually less expensive and better quality than the factory units.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Where do you think I can get the best results for less money. I live in Marshville, NC near Monroe, NC, Matthews, NC and Charlotte, NC. And I guess there is no way that I can remedy this problem myself??
It is pretty hard to remove the unit without some experience, usually the cheapest way is to go to Best Buy, get a nice radio/CD, and have them put it in, they do it fairly inexpensively. It can still use all your speakers.