rashawn, ASE Certified Technician

where is my 1-2 shift solenoid located under the transmission

where is my 1-2 shift solenoid located under the transmission pan, on a 2001 chevy blazer 4wd 4.3 ltr? im in a pickle and i need to do this myself quick fast and in a hurry
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rashawn replied 7 years ago.

the solenoids are in the transmission pan attached to the valve body. do not remove valve body to change .

• Transmission fluid pressure switch (1)
  • 1-2 shift control solenoid (2)
  • 2-3 shift control solenoid (3)
  • Pressure control solenoid (4)
  • TCC PWM solenoid (5)
  • 3-2 control solenoid (6

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
    okay the diagram is all and well but i need to know if this is something that i can do myself in say i dont know less than 4 hours with some jack stands and a couple of wrenches,
    Expert:  rashawn replied 7 years ago.

yes you can it is not very hard. you need a transmission pan gasket.. 5 qts fluid. the shift sol. has a clip you pull out unplug the sol. pull out of the valve body and reverse order

Messy job. do not overtighten pan gasket bolts.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
    ok so the solenoid will be on top or the side of the valve body? im sorry about all the questions and i will be accepting your service. im trying to make sure that im doing everything that i can to make sure i do this the right way. also would it be alright to recycle the high mileage dextron 6 that i put in it less than 400 miles ago? i made the switch yesterday and then on my way to tennessee from north carolina my 1-2 shift solenoid shit the bed, will the dextron 6 be safe to be recylced?
    Expert:  rashawn replied 7 years ago.

they are plugged into the end of the valve body. there are two side by side . this is a common issue with these trans. yes if you can catch the fluid you can re use.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

is the shift sol. on the right or the left as your looking at it on the valve body? ive got the pan off and i dont want to pull the wrong one off

Expert:  rashawn replied 7 years ago.
    the one on the outside edge. That is why I sent you the diagram. It tells you where everything is on the picture.