Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...

Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

how to unlock radio on my 2004 silverado 2500 LS

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 years ago.

hi

lets give this a try....you may nee to take it to the dealer if this dont work

thanks

Theft Deterrent (Theftlock)
  • The UN0 radios are equipped with THEFTLOCK theft deterrent. The THEFTLOCK theft deterrent causes the unit to be inoperative should the radio be removed from the vehicle.
  • The theft deterrent enables (SECURE mode) by entering a user-selected code into the unit.
  • The user-selected code must be re-keyed into the unit following any interruption of battery voltage in order to resume normal operations.
  • When battery power disconnects from a secured radio, the radio will not turn ON and LOC will appear on the display.
  • If the correct code is not entered, the unit will become inoperable and remain in the LOCKED mode.
  • Any theft deterrent input mode may be exited by cycling either the radio power or ignition.

Activating Theftlock

IMPORTANT: With the ignition OFF, the THEFTLOCK indicator will flash.

In order to activate the THEFTLOCK theft deterrent, perform the following steps:

1. Write down any number from 000 to 1999.
  2. Turn the ignition to the ACC or the RUN position.
  3. Turn the radio OFF.
  4. Press the 1 and 4 push-buttons together. Hold the buttons down until - shows on the display.
  5. You are now ready to enter your code. Do not wait more than 15 seconds between each step.
  6. Press MIN 000. MIN 000 will appear on the display.
  7. Press the MIN push button again in order to make the last 2 digits agree with your code.
  8. Press the HR push button in order to make the first 1 or 2 digits agree with your code.
  9. Press the AM/FM push button after you confirm that the code matches the code you wrote down. REP appears on the display, indicating that steps 5-7 need to be repeated.
  10. Press AM/FM. This time the display will show SEC. SEC means that your radio is secure. To Unlock THEFTLOCK After a Power Loss In order to unlock the THEFTLOCK system after a power loss, enter the user code as follows. Do not wait more than 15 seconds between the steps.
    • Press MIN. 000 will appear on the display.
    • Press the MIN push button again in order to make the last 2 digits agree with your code.
    • Press the HR push button in order to make the first 1 or 2 digits agree with your code.
    • Press the AM/FM push button after you confirm that the code matches the one you wrote down. SEC will appear in the display indicating that the radio is now operable.
    • If the code is entered incorrectly, SEC will appear on the display.
    • The radio will remain secured until the correct code is entered.
    • If the correct code is not available, the dealer will need to Dial Delco or Technical Assistance.
    • When battery power is removed and later applied to a secured radio, the radio will not turn on and LOC will appear in the display.

Disabling the Theft-Deterrent Feature
In order to disable the theft-deterrent feature, enter the user code as follows. Do not wait more than 15 seconds between steps.

1. Turn the ignition to ACCESSORY or RUN.
  2. Turn the radio OFF.
  3. Press the 1 and 4 buttons together. Hold the buttons down until SEC appears on the display.
  4. Press MIN. 000 will appear on the display.
  5. Press MIN again in order to make sure the last 2 digits agree with the user code.
  6. Press AM/FM after you have confirmed that the code matches the user code you have. The display will show , indicating that the radio is no longer secured. If the code is entered incorrectly, SEC will appear on the display. The radio will remain secured until the correct code is entered. If the correct code is not available, the dealer will need to Dial Delco or Technical Assistance. Remote Compact Disc Player
    • With the remote compact disk player option, a single compact disc (CD) can be played.
    • In order to load a CD into the player, hold the disc label side up and insert the disc approximately halfway into the player. The disc will automatically be pulled the rest of the way into the player.
    • If the radio is OFF and the ignition is ON when a CD is inserted, the radio will turn on and begin playing the CD.
    • It is possible to load and unload CD's with the ignition OFF. In order to load a disc with the ignition OFF, press the eject button on the remote player and then insert the disc.
    • In order to remove the disc, press the EJECT button and remove the disc from the player.
    • A disc that has been ejected but is still sitting in the remote CD player will be pulled back into the player after approximately 30 seconds .
    • This protects the disc and player from damage. The disc will not start playing.
    • In order to remove the disk, press the EJECT button and remove the disc from the player.
    • All of the compact disc functions are controlled by the radio buttons except for EJECT.
    • When a disc is in the player, a CD symbol will appear on the display.
    • When a disc is playing, the letters CD will appear next to the CD symbol in the bottom left corner. The track number will also display.
    • If the disc comes back out and ERR appears on the display, the problem could include 1 of the following reasons:
    • Upside down disc
    • A dirty, scratched, or wet disc
    • There is too much moisture in the air. Wait an hour and try again.
    • The vehicle is operating on a very rough road.

Previous Track (PREV)
Press SEEK down or PREV in order to search for the previous track.
Audio is muted during SEEK.

Random Playback (RDM)
The random playback (RDM) feature allows the tracks on the compact disc play in random order rather than in sequential order.
In order to stop the random playback feature, press RDM.
During random playback, a RANDOM indicator appears in the display.

Next Selection (NEXT)
Press SEEK up or NEXT in order to search for the next selection.
If you hold the SEEK up or NEXT push button or press the SEEK or NEXT push button more than once, the disc will advance further.
Audio is muted during NEXT.

Reverse (REV)
Press and hold the REV push-button in order to return rapidly to a favorite passage. This is an audible search at a high rate of speed. Release REV in order to resume play at normal speed.

Forward (FWD)
Press and hold FWD in order to advance quickly within a track. This is an audible search at a high rate of speed. Release FWD in order to resume play at normal speed.

Seek (SEEK)

• Press the left arrow while playing a CD in order to go back to the start of the current track.
  • The CD will go back to the current track if more than 8 seconds have played.
  • Press the left arrow again in order to go to previous tracks.
  • Press the right arrow in order to go to the next higher track on the disc.

Random (RANDOM)
Press PSCAN in order to enter the random play mode. RANDOM will appear on the display. While in the random play mode, the tracks on the disc will play in a random order. If you press SEEK, PREV, or NEXT while in the random mode, the previous or next track will be scanned randomly. Press PSCAN again in order to turn OFF RANDOM and return to normal operation.

Recall (RECALL)
Press RECALL in order to see what track is playing. Press RECALL again within 5 seconds in order to view elapsed time. Elapsed time is displayed in minutes and seconds. Press RECALL again in order to return to the time of day. The track number appears when a new track starts to play.

Tape/Auxiliary (TAPE/AUX)
With a disc loaded in the player and the radio playing, press the TAPE/AUX once in order to play the compact disc. In order to return to playing the radio, press AM/FM. If both a cassette tape and the CD are loaded, press TAPE/AUX to switch between the tape and the compact disc.

Ejecting a Compact Disc (EJECT)
Press the EJECT button on the remote player in order to eject the compact disc. The disc will start at track 1 when the disc is reinserted.

Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 5 years ago.

Another Expert here:

The above procedure will NOT work.

Because the Radio is a Class 2 DATA Type Radio, you will need Dealer to connect Scan Tool & download Radio Info to Computer & they then get the UNLOCK Code from GM & Upload back into the Vehicle

There is No Customer Unlock Code

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

this did notwork radio still says locked when press 1 and 4 button nothing happens held them for 30 seconds

Another Expert here:

The above procedure will NOT work.

There is No Customer Unlock Code

You will need to have the Dealer Unlock it

Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience: Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.

you will need to take it to the dealer

thanks