goodwrench9124
goodwrench9124, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase Master Certified, GM Master Certified Tech. Awarded GM Top performer, Hybrid certified
5720312

i need a wiring diagram for 2004 malibu. installing a stereo,

Customer Question

i need a wiring diagram for 2004 malibu. installing a stereo, and not sure where to pair the orange wires to the wiring harness for the stereo. sony bt-2700
Category: Chevy
Expert:  goodwrench9124 replied 7 years ago.

Hello, and welcome. I have posted a picture of the wiring diagrams.

graphic

graphic

Experience: Ase Master Certified, GM Master Certified Tech. Awarded GM Top performer, Hybrid certified
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
do you have color wiring diagrams for wiring harnesses? I have the wiring harness for the car, and the harness for the stereo, and i am having trouble with a few of the wires, matching color to color and such. The stereo i bought is a sony bt-2700.
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 7 years ago.

Not to butt in, but you should not hardwire the Sony to your Malibu wiring, as you will lose a number of components & abilities.
The System in your Malibu is Class 2 DATA Type
You need to use a DATA Type Adapter which will save the components & is color for color connections, making it almost Goof Proof.

Just my 2 cents & please accept goodwrench9124 above

all I have is the GM wiring diagrams, if you look at the wiring diagrams i have posted they have the colors marked. if you need the pictures of connectors with the wire color and locations in connector I also can post these too. just a note this vehicle uses a class two type radio. there is two wires from the radio that used for communication, so the radio can communicate to other modules. also you should know, removing the factory radio, you will loose some functions on the car.