Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech

2001 Chevrolet Suburban: Reduced Engine Power..I had the ignition wire

Customer Question

Hi, My 2001 Chevrolet Suburban is displaying "Reduced Engine Power" message and has absolutely no power. What could the problem be? I had the ignition wire set replaced 2 weeks ago...could that have installed incorrectly?

Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
did it do it right after you did the wires? have you tried to unhook the battery then start it and see if the messege is off?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It ran perfectly afetr we did the wires..but I've been on vacation for 8 days. I just unhooked the battery and then hooked it back up...the message went away, but it struggled to start. Should I take it back to the guys who did the work? I spent $1400 dollars 20 days ago to tune it up and having misc items done. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
i would bring it back im not saying they did anything wrong...but it needs the code scanned to see what is telling the PCM to reduce power..the code will show you have the capibility to scan for the code?or clear the code?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I do not have the capability to scan the code. I will take the car back and let them look at it. Thank you,.
Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
ok i wish you luck..thanks for using justanswer