Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

2001 Blazer won,t turn over

2001 Blazer won,t turn over
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 5 years ago.
would like to help you if i can..what size engine?so it will not even crank?or will it crank over and not fire up..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
2001 Blazer 2 door 4.3 batt. good charged made sure. security light blinking voit gauge@ 12.2 with key on batt. light on low mi 73000
Expert:  Gary replied 5 years ago.
has the security light blinked before for you?are you using the same key you always have been using?is it a GM system or aftermarket security system?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes light has blinked before,It is the same key .I tried My wifes key Same It is a GM system
Expert:  Gary replied 5 years ago.
do the lights dim when you try to crank it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
went out tried it light don,t dim on dash
Expert:  Gary replied 5 years ago.
ok...do you have access to a test light? or a multi meter? also try shifting the truck into neatral and see if it will crank..also with foot on the brake see if it will crank in any trans postion..park..rev.neut.drive...ect....
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes i have a test light. tried neatral thing no. tried to start hook seat belt shut door turned key on nothing but security light went off no crank. batt light on service light on thats all light that is on @ had foot on brake
Expert:  Gary replied 5 years ago.
ok..you need to find your starter..passenger side of engine..you can see it good if you look threw passender wheel well opening..you will see 2 connections at the starter soilnoid i=on the top one BIG stud and one LITTLE stud you need to hook the end of your test light to NEGATIVE battery or to a GOOD ground touch the tip of the light on the SMALL terminal and have someone try to crank it..everythime they trun the key to crank it the test light should light..also test the test light first across the battery to make sure you have a good ground...let me know
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can i use a remote starter button how to hookup
Expert:  Gary replied 5 years ago.
i would prefer the test light..but if you use the starter button thing hook one end to POSITIVE battery power and other to the LITTLE stud at top of starter..see if it cranks...when you crank this it sends power threw that little wire to engadge the starter..with a test light to ground it is seeing if the starter is being told to engadge...did that explenation help?let me know either way...on what the test outcome is
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it helped will take a while to do this send name back so i can back to you
Expert:  Gary replied 5 years ago.
just post me here...good luck letme know...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
looks like the starter was the problem
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
looks like the starter was the problem. well pay the 9.00
Expert:  Gary replied 5 years ago.
wow great job diagnosing..i hope i was helpfull...
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience: 15 years GM master tech