Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I am looking for the eng. torque specs for a 2005 Chevrolet

Customer Question

I am looking for the eng. torque specs for a 2005 Chevrolet Optra 2.0L. specifcallly the cyl. head bolt torque and pattern, the cam bearing cap bolt torque, and the cam gear bolt torque. Thank you for your help, Eric
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
early 2005? just making sure... optra?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The date on the tag on the drivers door says 01/05 the full vin number is XXXXX Chevrolet Optra wagon, hope this helps, thanks, Eric
Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
wow what country are you in?we dont list an OPTRA in chevorlet is it compable to another chevrolet car line? what size engine?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The Cars are sold in Canada , it's a GM Daewoo product sold under the Chevrolet Optra name, the engine is a 2.0L 16 valve, Dis 1988cc (121.9 cid), Test group 5DGXV02.0D04, Family 5GDXR0115E0L,
Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
oh ok...im having a hard time finding it on all data..they dont list a OPTRA...i will opt out and lets see if another tech can find those vehical specs for you..im so sorry i could not help but another tech will in a few minutes..
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I understand, I have have no luck getting this info any where, and my 3 different local dealers will not give me the time of day, I dont know why?, I am a technician at a International Truck Dealer and I help guys with info all the time. So your my last resort, thanks Eric
Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
any time..if you could fine out if there is another vehicle and engine comprible to it for USA i will hook you up..let me know....gl
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I think the Suzuki Forenza Wagon is the same car, but Im not sure if it has the same eng. or not. my car has 2.0L D-TEC 16valve, plus the other info I gave you
Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
ok let me check hang tight...
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks
Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
well my friend you are in luck today...LOL..i found them..ok exh cam gear bolt and intake gear bolt are both the same..37 lb-ft +60 degrees then +15 dgrees....is that how you want me to list them for you so you understand them?let me know
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes that is just fine
Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
ok now...camshaft bearing bridge and oil pan scraper bolts   15 lb-ft +45 degrees...............camshaft bearing cap bolts    8 neutonmeters.....that one is in nuetonmeters........camshaft cover bolts   8 n-m also in neuton meters....cly head bolts. 18 ft-lb then +90degrees...then +90 degress....then +90 degrees.........yes the head bolts go 90 degress 3 times...did that help you out?hope you liked my answers..hope i helped..let me know
Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
<p>ok was that all you needed..hope you will click accept if you are satisfied..let me know..good luck</p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

did you happen to find out the cly head bolt tightening pattern?

Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
ok head bolt pattern..standing facing the head start center back then center front then work your way out in a spiral pattern..ok?.....then the cam cap bolts standing at front of head start left rear next to the cam gear then left front then work your way torquing front to rear and work youe way from the cam gear side to the right..hope that helped...let me know