Carfix4you, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  22 yrs ASE ReCertified GM Dealer and Independent Service World Class High Performance Expert

1993 Chevy pickup; trying to replace ignition switch; have

Customer Question

1993 Chevy pickup; trying to replace ignition switch; have removed steering wheel and soft plastic cover; now have a metal plate with spring-loaded button that we don't know how to remove to get to the turn signal and then to the ignition switch. Can you help up?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Carfix4you replied 7 years ago.
Hello J, and welcome to Just Answer. I will try to answer your question fully, and the more detailed information about the problem that you can provide, the faster I can answer. Any time you have any questions, need service information, or any diagrams, please ask. I'll do my best to answer your question, yet I don't get paid until you accept. Anytime you would like another opinion, let me know. You need to purchase a lock ring compression tool. There are sold at most auto parts stores. HERE is everything you need to kinow about the column you are working on in .pdf format.