Cory
Cory, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  14 years GM experience ASE Master Tech
19273569

95 Chevy Tahoe: front passenger door..door wont open..unlock postion

ON my 95 Chevy Tahoe the front passenger door won't open and it is in the unlock postion. The window still works, how do I get the panel off when it is closed?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Cory replied 7 years ago.

Hi there I just want to be clear on this the door is unlocked and will not open from either the inside or outside door handle

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well the lock on the door is in the unlock position but the door handle on both inside and outside seems as if the door is locked. I need to get the panel off to see what is really wrong but how do I do that when it is closed?
Expert:  Cory replied 7 years ago.

Well I've seen this before and it isnt fun does this vehicle have front bucket seats. meaning each front seat is individual from each other

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, the front seats are individual we do not have the bench.
Expert:  Cory replied 7 years ago.

Ok that is the good news. You need to remove that seat there is two bolts infront and two bolts in back and two wirn connectors underneath, remove the bolts and disconnect the connectors and slide the seat into the back as far as possible . Take the 2 screws out of the arm rest on door (look straight down where you put you hand ) pop the bezel off around the door handle and lock assembly. Pop the shark fin off at the top front corner of door panel, you can use a screw driver to pop off. Remove the widow switch

by prying up the rear with a small screwdriver and disconnect. Now you can pop the door panel clips loose pry out on the ouside edges on the lower part of the pannel and when all the clips are poped out the slide panel up ward to release the widow strip at top of panel. I know this sond like a real pain but it can be done.