AZ_HUNTER
AZ_HUNTER, GM World Class Tech
Experience:  16 years GM Tech, ASE Master Certified
15524760

location of Knock Sensor on 1994 Z71 5.7 V8 4X4. I have a

Customer Question

location of Knock Sensor on 1994 Z71 5.7 V8 4X4. I have a consistant code 43 and intermitant dash light warning. I've seen some comments like at rear of engine near starter. I guess I wonder where in relation to starter? Down near the pan up near the head?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AZ_HUNTER replied 7 years ago.

Hello and Welcome to Just Answer!

The Knock sensor is located above the starter near the head.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
AZ I overhauled the starter a couple weeks ago, is it possible that I may have broke the sensor or knocked the wire off reinstalling the starter. I was a GM tech years ago, just before they remove tongue from the front 8-)
Dale P...........
Expert:  AZ_HUNTER replied 7 years ago.
I can almost garentee it, done it a few times myself. Do you think they could have made a bigger heat sheild to go on that damn thing!!! LOL
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
AZ, Thanks for the quick knowledgeble reply, I also spent many years working for GM Dealer Service departments. Then I went to work for the factory and after 36 Years retired as Regional Service Mgr for Mazda Motors of America.

57 to 1993   GM Pontiac Mtr Div
             GM Buick Mtr Div
             GM Parts Div
             Mazda Mtr of America
Wish you the Best AZ, I'll hollar again when I'm knucle busting in my retirement
Dale Peterson             [email protected]
Expert:  AZ_HUNTER replied 7 years ago.

Glad to have helped. Been with Buick, Pontiac and GMC for 13 (still green!! LOL) years now. Sad to see Pontiac go, will cut our buisness down by a 1/3, and buisness sucks as it is right now anyway. But, it will turn back around soon, I hope!! Thats why I'm on here during my free time, make a little extra spending money. Take care, nice to have met you!!

John Frisch