2001 chevy cavalier: the flasher, and the turn signals..arent working

my 2001 chevy cavalier's turn signals just stopped working. I checked the fuse, which was fine, then after much searching, found the flasher. Replaced the flasher, and the turn signals still aren't working. Any ideas what my problem may be?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.
Do the brake lights and hazard lamps work as they should? Do you have access to a voltmeter?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't have a voltmeter, but the brake lights and hazard are also not functioning..
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.
The most common cause for this problem would be the turn signal switch. This switch actually has circuits for all of the affected items that are not working. We would need a voltmeter to verify this problem, but this would be the most common item to cause these problems! Feel free to contact me with any questions or problems! Good luck!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If you could lay out where this switch is located and how to check it with the voltmeter, I'm sure I can acquire one and follow your instructions. Is that possible?
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.

Sure, the easiest circuit to check will be the brake lamp circuit. At the turn signal switch you will see an all white wire. You need to check this wire for 12 volts with the brake pedal pressed. You should see voltage at this point. The next wire will be the all yellow wire. This should also have 12 volts to it with the brake pedal pressed. If there is voltage at the white wire, but not at the yellow wire, then I would recommend replacing the turn signal switch for sure. The turn signal switch itself is serviced as a complete unit with the turn signal lever and all. To access the wiring, you will need to remove the steering column trim covers. Here is where this switch is located. Feel free to contact me with any questions!