lazydog76
lazydog76, Chevy Technician
Experience:  10 years exp professional, ase master, gm tech
15905188

My Chevy Silverado keeps stalling at stops.

Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 years ago.

hi

tell me the year and engine size....also.explain the problem

thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is a 1995 , v-8 turbo
is it a desiel?explain the trouble
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, diesel. It just stalls whenever I come to stops in traffic and sometimes when I punch the accelerator it just dies on me.

ok

sense this is a desiel.i will opt out and let one of our desiel guys handle this

thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Am I supposed to wait or what?
Expert:  lazydog76 replied 5 years ago.

hi, what all have you done to solve the problem?

do you have a good quality of fuel?

does it stall while driving down the road?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I've had a dianostic done for the accelerator and the turbo wastegate, I was trying to find the description for the codes that showed up, I think they were codes 78 and 49 and the tech was able to clear them but the problem remained. I've also had the fuel filter changed, still no real solution. As far as fuel, I only get fuel from either Shell or ARCO and before I took it in for maintenence the problem was not as bad. Yes it does sometimes studder while driving down the road like it does want to stall.
Expert:  lazydog76 replied 5 years ago.

has the injector pump ever been replaced

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have already talked to service about checking that and replacing it, but was told that it would be very expensive (about $2500) so they are making that the last resort. I bought the truck used (2nd. owner) so I don't know a lot about the truck's history, anyway I don't think it has.
Expert:  lazydog76 replied 5 years ago.

ok, the most problems these engine have are the FSD failure, the fsd (fuel solenoid driver) will overheat and cause the stalling, no starts and lack of power. how ever they have a aftermarket module and a relocation kit that moves the module to a different location on the fire wall away from the heat. i have a link below. replacing this is a simple process and will fix your problem. thank you mickey

CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK

lazydog76, Chevy Technician
Experience: 10 years exp professional, ase master, gm tech