Travis, Chevy Technician
Experience:  7+ years of GM dealership experience, GM ASEP trained, Assoc. Degree in Auto. Tech.

i got an 03 chevy silverado and my dome light wont come on

Customer Question

i got an 03 chevy silverado and my dome light wont come on when the doors are open
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Travis replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the question.

Does the lamp come on when using the switch on the dash?

Will the lamps come on when unlocking the truck with the remotes (before the doors are opened)?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no they don't but the light on the fornt two door come on but the two in the back don't
Expert:  Travis replied 7 years ago.
So the only lamps that come on are the ones in the 2 front doors and nothing else?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
right that are the only one come on
Expert:  Travis replied 7 years ago.
Ok, those come on via class 2 data lines to each door module, the rest come on via a circuit from the BCM and to the IP relay block. Either the BCM is at fault or there is an open circuit in the relay block.

You will need to gain access to the BCM, which is located under the steering column, behind the kneebolster.
There are 6 total plug going into that module, located the 2 smallest ones. Then you will need to see what one has a gry/blk wire in hole "E" I'll attach pictures to help.
Once you find the right wire, have the door open and test that wire with a test lamp. If the test lamp comes on, then more testing will be needed, if not, the BCM will be at fault.