GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I keep getting a P0300 pd error code that keeps making the

Customer Question

I keep getting a P0300 pd error code that keeps making the engine light come back on. I barely make ends meet every month. i am trying to get this fixed so i can pass my emissions test. It passed all the tests but this error code causing my engine light to come on is an automatic fail. I changed the spark plugs and code was gone but came back next day. i need it to pass so i et tags. any suggestions on a fix?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  im-not-guilty replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-What year is your Chevy?
-What model is your Chevy?
-How many miles are on your Chevy?
-What type of engine is in your Chevy?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
2002 Cavalier with 136k but the engine was switched out after about 90k because of a blown header. engine is a 4cyl 2.2l. Limited funds so only thing tried was to replace spark plugs. the car isnt great so I dont want to spend a lot of money but it is my only transportation. i know the catalytic converter passed emissions so i didnt think that would be it. the car isnt probably worth that much so i dont want to and cant afford to spend hundreds to troubleshoot this error code. I was hoping to gain some insight on the most likely causes. Thank you for taking the time.