Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience:  ASE CERTIFICATION
3903212

looking for the dash wiring harness diagram for a 01 gmc sierra

looking for the dash wiring harness diagram for a 01 gmc sierra 2500 6.6l duramax 4x4, specifically the section on the radio, climate contol, right hand door plug and a box with a red and blue plug, (would also like to know what those plugs go to) harness is cut in the middle and there are wires the same and need to chase them down.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 5 years ago.
Can you tell me a little more about the red and blue plugs? Where are they located to be exact? Are they within the door, or at the A pilliar? Are you looking for complete wiring on the radio or just speaker? Does this truck have the bose system? Do you have manual or automatic climate control?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the plugs are mounted above the air bag on passanger side just under the dash cap. has auto climate control, does have bose. when the wires got cut i lost passanger window and speakers, but locks still work, air conditioning works but can not change vents. i think the box with the blue and red plug has something to do with speakers or climate control. oh and the security light is on now. the truck was broken in to and they cut the wire bad i got most things fixed but the box with the red and blue plug is missing so i have no idea what it is. trying to piece it back together now.
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 5 years ago.
Ok but these two connectors are where the wiring is cut is this correct? These are red and blue also? Can you tell me how many wires are in each connector? Sorry for all of the questions, I just don't want to send you useless info.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
some of the wires there are cut, they look like they go to the radio or climate not sure harness is all taped up, the harness is cut comming out of the radio and in to the main harness as it runs to the passanger door like they hacked at it with a knife trying to steel a radio and hacked main harness in the process. would have to check on the exact pin count tommorrow but they look about 30 or 32 pins in each, the plugs are clear red and blue too meaning you can see through them one is red one blue. looks like older computer plugs big 2 inches long by 3/4 thick. what ever it was they unplugged it. sorry im not trying to be confusing.
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 5 years ago.

I am sorry to keep you waiting. I have been looking through the connectors to see what may match and I just have not found any pertaining to this problem. Do you see the wiring in the following illustration? Are one of these where the harness was cut? if so which area?

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

red and blue plugs are down further by number 8, but the main harness is cut right below the plug number 5 im in the proccess of untaping the harness to find were the plugs go exactly.

Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 5 years ago.
Ok let me know what you find. Also is this truck a standard or crew cab? I will start getting you info after I know this.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
crew cab truck duramax 4x4 , i found there is differences in the gas harness than the diesel harness thanks.
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 5 years ago.
Are these connectors at the far right of the instrument panel at the junction block?
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 5 years ago.

Here is the wiring schematic that you have been waiting for. Sorry to hold you up, I just wanted to make sure of what you needed at this point. If you have any questions, let me know. I had to trim the schematics a bit to post them complete. If needed, I can enlarge certain sections.

Here is the power windows.

graphic

Radio wiring 2 part

graphic

graphic

Climate control system

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience: ASE CERTIFICATION