BOBBYSS, Master Technician

2000 chevrolet Impala: light keeps coming..reservoir and the radiator

I have a 2000 chevrolet Impala LS. The low coolant light keeps coming on. When I check the reservoir and the radiator both are full and do not need any topping up. The car runs cool and I recently had the cooling sensor changed. I still have the light coming on, any ideas Ed
HelloCustomer which cooling sensor was replaced? The coolant temp sensor?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes it was the coolant temp sensor
Okay. If the coolant level is still reading low when the coolant is full then you have a bad coolant level sensor. This sensor is located on the side of the radiator and is prone to failure.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Bobby I just checked my receipt and they did in fact change the coolant level sensor. I`m sorry to have given you the wrong information Ed
Okay. If the sensor is new and the light is still coming on then you either have a defective sensor or a wiring issue. Try unhooking the sensor to see if the light stays off. If it does then the sensor is bad. If it still comes on then the wiring or circuit is faulty.