frank, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  33 years experience,24 years of Chevroler/GM experience and training .ASE Recertified Master Tech,

2001 chevy suburban: blows hot cold damper..oem

I have a 2001 Chevy Surban, the rear a/c blows hot air when on hot and a cabin temp when on cold a/c, the front a/c is ice cold and system is at 45psi, I removed rear a/c cover and hot cold damper is working properly, I did notice that when on a/c the rear a/c lines are not changing in temp or the condensor. Is there after non oem parts? Oem part #?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  frank replied 7 years ago.
Are you trying to say that the rear air has a problem with the evaporator not getting cold whilt the front is good and the temp actuator and door on the rear a/c are working?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Right, I tested the door by moving the switch from hot to cold and the motor rotated to the stop and I removed the motor and double checked. the rear evaporator is definitely not getting cold.

Expert:  frank replied 7 years ago.
The rear expansion valve is bad and has to be replaced- p/n52401710 from gm or delco(NNN) NNN-NNNN