ase_master327
ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience with Chevrolet. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.
907259

I need a wiring diagram for a cruise control swith for a 1995

I need a wiring diagram for a cruise control swith for a 1995 Chev Camaro LT1. The switch has 2 plugs the front plug has 3 wires and the back plug has 2 wires. The GM wiring diagram shows a Pink wire power in and a brown wire brake input from the cruise module, that leaves 3 other wires that I can not identify or where they attach. This is a street rod application so the complete harness was not available. Everything is hooked up except the cruise switch
Category: Chevy
Expert:  ase_master327 replied 5 years ago.
Hi, thanks for asking.
Here is the wiring diagram of your cruise ciontrol system in .pdf form.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

You Have the master diagram that I have and all it shows are the two wires Brown and Pink wire in and out of the cruise switch.

The factory switch has 5 wires in the front plug there is a blue, pink and yellow wire. In the back plug there is a pink and a blue with a black stripe wire. So the problem is I probably have wires I do not need BUT I have no idea what circuits they attach too

The brake switch which is seperate and is wired properly

Those are for the Turn signals..Yes, that is for the cruise only.. here is a bigger diagram that has all of the system.. That stuff is actually for the turnsignals. Anyways.. >> here<< is the diagrams. There are quite a few of them in therebut the first 2 are the only ones you should need.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Which wires are actually the turn signals? (Blue, Pink, Yellow) or (Pink & Brown)

Okay so if I do not attach the turn signals, do I only use the back plug on the cruise switch?

The Blue and Pink wires and do I attach the Pink top the Pink and the Brown (Cruise) Brake Input to the Blue & black stripped wire which hopefully will release the cruise when the brake is applied. As you can tell I am a bit confused

The 3 wires would be turn signals.. one wire would be constant power supply, and the other 2 would toggle between left and right sides..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So does the Blue & Black and Pink stripped wire in the back plug control the release when the brake is applied
The problem is, I need a pinout of the connector there.. so you can see what is going on better.

There are acually 2 switches.. Yur best bet is to look at the cruise module in the first diagram I sent.. and then you can get them from there and see which wire does what.

There is a Yellow, broen and pink wire that go to all of that stop switch business.
From what I understand about the diagram.. the pink and brown wires should be connected and the yellow and orange sould be disconnected from eachother for the cruise to work... So the opposite SHOULD happen for it to turn off..

You will want to verify that with the switch operation though.. like if one is connected and the other is not.. when the brake pedal is up.. This would be a simple continuity check on the pedal switch..

Hope I didn't lose you.. Undecided
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Okay. Semi Lost is what I am

Part of my problem is that on the 2 plug cruise switch with the turn signal wires Diagram GM 4-67 shows a Pink power wire and a brown wire which is a brake input wire from the cruise module going to the cruise switch.

Now here is the problem there is a pink wire in the 2 wire plug on the back of the cruise switch BUT I see no brown wire in that switch, There is a blue, yellow,and pink in the front plug and a pink and a blue with a black stripe wire in the back plug.

I cannot see in the diagrams what the two wires in the back plug go to (the pink & blue/black stripe).

The brake switch is a normally open switch and the cruise switch appears to be a normally closed switch.

Both switches have a brake input wire (yellow brake switch) and (pink for the cruise release switch). If I jump the brake wires from the brake switch to the blue & black wire on the back plug of the cruise release switch would that release the cruise when the brakes are applied?

I tried to include a diagram but I do not know if I am successful. If not tell me hao I attach a PDF to the reesponse

CHASSIS ELECTRICAL 6-19

11

MANUAL TRANSMISSION

10

6

WITH 3.4L

L32 ENGINE

1. Electrical connector

2. Electrical connector

3. Electrical connector

4. Electrical connector

5. Electrical connector

6. Cruise control clutch anticipate switch assembly

7. Cruise control clutch switch assembly

8. Cruise control release switch assembly

9. Stoplamp and torque converter clutch

switch assembly

10. Clutch start switch assembly

11. Brake and accelerator and clutch pedal

assembly (with bracket)

12. Brake and accelerator pedal assembly

(with bracket)

. 19 Cruise control release switch locations

12

AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

65346048

I see you have something up there.. but is a 3.4L engine setup.. Shouldn't make a difference with the cruise wiring though.

Anyways to put a PDF up.. write some text.. and then highlight it.. you will see up at the top the 'link' icon.. click it, and then click the lil browse button next to the input box thingy..pick your file and then click OK.. and then click insert.. and it will be visable.

Either that or you can upload it to senduit.com and then give me a link to it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
http://senduit.com/4a1464. Here is the link. Is #8 the cruise switch and #9 the brake switch. I have # XXXXX as the brake switch
Okay..
That 2 wire connector is for TCC on the bottom switch..
Here is the part of the wiring diagram that matters as far as that goes.. There is a pink and shows blu/blk wire for the TCC part.. #9
graphic

The pink one goes to fuse 9 for the gages. The blue wire goes to the PCM.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Do I even need to use the #9 switch? or will the #8 switch operate the brake lights and release the cruise.

I appreciate your patience but I am not getting how I can get this to work.

Everything on the module and the cruise switch located on the turn signal work I just cannot get clear in my ming how I get the cruise to release when I put on the brakes

Top switch is only for turning off the cruise control. (#8)
The bottom switch is for your brake lights and torque converter locking system. (#9)

If you still have the computer hooked up in this thing, and are using the original transmission.. that TCC (2 wire connector on the bottom switch) needs to be hooked up, or you will burn up the transmission.
If you have a standard trans in it.. then you don't need that TCC hookup there..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ok now we are making progress. The original computer, etc is still in place, Using a Painless aftermarket harness so now the issue is exactly what is the TCC and what wires hook up there?

The VSS is hooked up from the transmission but from the Cruise module that is the only reference for any wire from the transmission.

So on the diagram I sent on switch 8 plug #4; DO I then I hook the (Pink Power wire) & (Brown Brake Input wires that come from the Cruise Module) to the Black wire & Gray / White wire that is coming out of plug #4?

On switch 9 if on the back plug #5 is the TCC, then the front plug #3 has a Orange, Blue & Yellow wire coming out of it. So.... I have an Orange wire which is a power source coming from the Stop light fuse that I can connect to the Orange wire on the switch;

I have a Yellow wire that comes from the Cruise module that I can connect to the Yellow wire on the switch; So on plug #3 that leaves a blue wire left hanging and I still haven't connected any brake lights to a switch; would they connect to the Blue wire?

Yes, there is supposed to be a light blue wire that goes to the brake light switch... which is part of the TCC switch. That ligtht blue wire is bor brake lights.. It is located on the first page of the second set of diagrams I sent you.

Tcc is what locks in the transmission, so when you hit the brakes.. the transmission isn't steady pulling. It also turns on and off in certain driving conditions, it creates a sort of 'virtual' gear.

ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience: +15 years experience with Chevrolet. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.